NMFA Salute Society
PLANNING IS PROVIDING. START TODAY.
When you consider including NMFA in your estate plans, you are also considering continuing much needed support for military families far into the future.
To ensure your gift fits with your overall financial and legal planning, you will need to consult with your attorney or financial advisor to execute any necessary documents. Once completed, please let us know so we can recognize your commitment to the future of NMFA and include you as a Salute Society member. You can be a member while remaining anonymous.
Ways to Make an Estate Gift to NMFA
Here are some types of assets you can use to include NMFA in your estate plans. If you have questions after reviewing the following list, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Phone Number: 703.931.6632
Email Address: donations@MilitaryFamily.org
Will or Trust
Include a gift to NMFA in your will or trust.
- Already included NMFA in your plans? TELL US about your gift so we can celebrate your generosity now!
- Ready to create your will? We can help! In 20 minutes, you can create your legacy that will ensure peace of mind and security for you and your loved ones.
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose.
- Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
How it Works
- Contact the plan administrator of your retirement plan.
- Inform administrator that you wish to designate NMFA as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan.
- Your heirs will avoid income tax on any retirement assets funded on a pre-tax basis.
- Important! Your plan administrator is not obligated to notify us, so if you don’t tell us, we may not know. Please let us know about your gift.
Life Insurance Assets
How it Works
- Contact your insurance company to update your beneficiary designations to include NMFA.
- Designate NMFA (EIN 52-0899384) to receive all or a percentage of your life insurance policy proceeds.
- You may also transfer ownership of a paid-up life insurance policy to NMFA. We may elect to cash in the policy now or hold it.
Donor Advised Funds
How it Works
- Contact your fund administrator to list NMFA as a beneficiary of your DAF.
- Designate NMFA to receive all or a portion of the balance of your fund on your passing.
- The balance in your fund passes to NMFA when the fund terminates.
- During your lifetime, you can also make grants to us from your DAF.
Gifts That Pay You Income
Several financial models allow you to make a significant gift to NMFA during your lifetime that can provide a fixed revenue stream and tax benefits to you or your family.
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder unitrust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you or a named beneficiary with income for life or a term of years.
Charitable Gift Annuity
In exchange for a gift of cash or appreciated assets, you receive fixed payments for life.
Charitable Lead Trust
Charitable Remainder Unitrust
You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder unitrust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with income for life or a term of years.