To fight for benefits and programs that strengthen and protect Uniformed Services families and reflect the Nation’s respect for their service.
Who We Are and What We Do
Founded in 1969, the National Military Family Association is the leading non-profit organization focusing on issues important to military families. We believe that all military families deserve comprehensive child care, accessible health care, spouse employment options, great schools, caring communities, a secure retirement, and support for widows and widowers.
Through our continued advocacy on behalf of military families, we anticipate, listen, and react to the needs of military families through:
- Awarded more than $2.5 million in scholarships and have awarded over 3,000 military spouses with these scholarship funds.
- Sending 45,000 children to Operation Purple® summer camp, a free program for children coping with the absence of their deployed parent(s).
- Organizing retreats to help military families reconnect after dealing with a war-related injury or after long separations.
- Conducting research to assess the ever-changing military environment and its effect on families.
- Efficiently managing our funds:
- Meet all 20 of the Better Business Bureau's standards for Charity Accountability
- Hold an "A" rating from CharityWatch
- Earned 4-star ratings from Charity Navigator ten straight years
Download our Association's Impact Statement and our 2012 Annual Report.
Read about our history of advocacy on behalf of military families.
Until military families are relieved of the weight of war, we hope you will continue to contribute to their wellbeing.
Sign up to receive periodic eNews and alerts.
Want up-to-date information and a community of people that care about military families?
Proud Subgrantee of: