WHAT IS OPERATION PURPLE SUMMER CHALLENGE?
Operation Purple Summer Challenge is a free, eight-week virtual experience with weekly, self-paced challenges and live virtual gatherings for military-connected children.
DOES MY CHILD HAVE A GUARANTEED SPOT AT OPERATION PURPLE SUMMER CHALLENGE?
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
WHEN DOES REGISTRATION OPEN?
HOW DO I REGISTER?
HOW WILL I KNOW THAT MY REGISTRATION HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY PROCESSED?
CAN MY CHILD REGISTER FOR THE SUMMER CHALLENGE IF THEY HAVE APPLIED TO ANOTHER OPERATION PURPLE PROGRAM?
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY QUESTIONS ON THE APPLICATION ABOUT MY MILITARY SERVICE AND MY FAMILY?
What Comes Next
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER I REGISTER?
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT ONCE THE OPERATION PURPLE SUMMER CHALLENGE BEGINS?
Beginning the first week of June, you will receive weekly emails detailing the upcoming week’s challenges. Once your child or family has completed their challenge(s), you will complete the Challenge form to be entered to win the available prizes.
Global Gathering are our weekly live meetups that take place on Zoom. Operation Purple Summer Challenge Global Gatherings begin June 7, 2023 and conclude July 26, 2023.
WHAT SUPPLIES ARE NEEDED TO PARTICIPATE?
- Participants will need a computer, tablet, or phone with internet and Zoom to access activities and join weekly virtual sessions.
- Parent(s) will need access to email to receive weekly activity emails and other important Summer Challenge information.
- Participants will need writing instruments and paper to engage in live activities.
WHAT TECHNOLOGY IS REQUIRED?
- Computer, tablet, or phone to join weekly Zoom
- The most up to date version of Zoom downloaded to your device
- Individual challenges may offer the opportunity to download other applications, travel to local destinations, or use supplies beyond writing instruments and paper. All of these are optional and not required for participation. If a challenge cannot be completed using items your family has on hand, please reach out to SummerChallenge@MilitaryFamily.org and we will help you come up with an alternative activity.
National Military Family Association’s Statement on Inclusivity
NMFA supports all military families and welcomes military family members regardless of race, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation and identity, mental or physical ability, economic status, differences of thought and expression, or any other characteristic that divides us.