If you applied for a Child Care Reimbursement:
- You will only receive a notification email if you are selected to receive an award.
Financial Relief for Child Care Costs
Access to quality child care is a long-standing issue for military families, now worsened by the pandemic. If your military family depends on child care so you can go to work, work from home, or work on your education, we want to help by providing your family with cost reimbursements.
NMFA is awarding reimbursements up to $1,500 to eligible families.
Applications closed May 14, 2021
Eligible families are those:
- On active duty, activated reserves, or National Guard on active Title 10 or Title 32 orders for six months or longer
- In pay grades E1 – E6
- With children ages 13 and under
- Single service members, dual service members or service members with a spouse who is employed (minimum 15 hours per week) or currently pursuing a degree (minimum 6 credit hours) or professional pursuit (licensure or certification — minimum 15 hours per week)
Relief Funds Can Be Used For:
- Before or after school care
- Child care at a day/child care center, nursery school, or by a private sitter
- Day/summer/holiday camps, including registration fees
- Late pick-up fees
- Private caregiver of an Exceptional Family Member
Relief Funds Can NOT Be Used For:
- Overnight camps
- Child care to attend private events
- Child care to attend personal events
- Late payment fees
- Tuition for kindergarten
- Tuition for grade schools
- If you’re new to NMFA, you’ll need to create a new account.
- Fill out the online application
- Tell us your circumstance and how this award will impact your family
- NMFA will review the applications
- Recipients will be notified by October 15, 2021
If your family is selected, you’ll be required to provide confirmation of military service, child care receipts, proof of employment, and/or verification of school enrollment, depending on your situation.