If you applied for a Child Care Reimbursement:
- You will only receive a notification email if you are selected to receive an award.
- You can check your application’s current status by logging into your application account and clicking on My Awards.
Financial Relief for Child Care Costs
Access to quality child care is a long-standing issue for military families, now worsened by the pandemic. If your military family depends on child care so you can go to work, work from home, or work on your education, we want to help by providing your family with cost reimbursements.
NMFA is awarding reimbursements up to $1,500 to eligible families.
The first round of applications were accepted from September 28 – October 12.
Eligible families are those:
- On active duty, activated reserves, or National Guard on active Title 10 or Title 32 orders for six months or longer
- In pay grades E1 – E6
- With children ages 13 and under
- With a spouse who is employed (minimum 15 hours per week) or currently pursuing a degree (minimum 6 credit hours) or professional pursuit (licensure or certification — minimum 15 hours per week)
Priority will be given to families with a deployed or extended TDY service member, dual military families, and/or single service members.
Relief Funds Can Be Used For:
- Before or after school care
- Child care at a day/child care center, nursery school, or by a private sitter
- Day/summer/holiday camps, including registration fees
- Late pick-up fees
- Private caregiver of an Exceptional Family Member
Relief Funds Can NOT Be Used For:
- Overnight camps
- Child care to attend private events
- Child care to attend personal events
- Late payment fees
- Tuition for kindergarten
- Tuition for grade schools
- If you’re new to NMFA, you’ll need to create a new account.
- Fill out the online application
- Tell us your circumstance and how this award will impact your family
- NMFA will review the applications
- Recipients will be notified within four weeks of application period closing
If your family is selected, you’ll be required to provide confirmation of military service, child care receipts, proof of employment, and/or verification of school enrollment, depending on your situation.
Awards will be distributed based on greatest need, not on a first-come, first-served basis.