Once You Move

1. Update your information in DEERS:

Once you have arrived at your new duty station, you should update your information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). This action will help prevent any difficulties with claim or payment issues that may arise because your address has changed. There are several easy ways you can update your information. You can go in person to the local military installation and stop by the ID office on base. You can call them and provide the information over the phone at the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1.800.538.9552.  There is a fax option at 1.831.655.8317. You can enroll online at the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website or through the DEERS website.

You can mail your information to:
Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
Attn: COA
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771

For additional information on updating your information in DEERS, go to: www.tricare.mil/deers.

2. Update your information with TRICARE:

Alert your TRICARE Regional contractor that you have moved and provide your new address. The TRICARE Regions are: TRICARE North, TRICARE South, TRICARE West, and TRICARE Overseas (Europe, Latin American, Canada, and Pacific). You can find your region at the TRICARE website.

3. Transfer Enrollment:

Once you have updated your new address in DEERS, you will need to transfer your TRICARE Prime enrollment if you want to re-enroll or enroll as a new Prime beneficiary. This can be done online at the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website, click on "Get Enrollment Form," fill out the a DD Form 2876 TRICARE Prime Enrollment Application and PCM Change Form, print it out, and mail it to the address provided. Do NOT use the Disenrollment form!

Retirees may transfer their enrollment two times a year. The second transfer must be to the first TRICARE region. This option allows those retirees who have decided to live in one part of the country during the winter and reside in a different part of the country in the summer to remain current in TRICARE.

4. Medical record transfer after arriving at your new location:

If you have not done so, request to have your medical records sent to your new health care clinic. Your records can be transferred to a military hospital or clinic or a private doctor's office.

5. Medications:

If you had been receiving your medications through TRICARE’s Mail Order Pharmacy, it will be important for you to contact Express Scripts, Inc. to let them know your new address. Address changes CANNOT be done online; it must be done by contacting Express Scripts directly. The best way is to contact the Customer Service phone number at 1.877.363.1303 and advise the Patient Care Advocate of your new address and phone number. Overseas beneficiaries should dial the country access code and phone number listed here. TDD/Hearing Impaired, please contact 1.877.540.6261. Even though all family members are under the same Sponsor’s ID number, each eligible beneficiary must have their address and phone number changed to the new address on their individual account.


  Print Print


Until military families are relieved of the weight of war, we hope you will continue to contribute to their wellbeing.

Sign Up

Sign up to receive periodic eNews and alerts.

Please leave this field empty


Want up-to-date information and a community of people that care about military families?

Facebook Icon 2013

Twitter Icon 2013

Flickr Icon 2013