Partner School Scholarships
NMFA partners with select schools to offer a variety of additional scholarships that are uniquely designed for military spouses.
Certification + Licensing Scholarships
Military spouses seeking a license, certificate, training, continuing education credits, exams, or fees, we have funds for you.
NMFA spouse awards average $500 for career funding and $1,000 for degrees. They are available to spouses with a valid military ID.
The NMFA scholarship application is currently closed. It reopens every year from December 1st through January 31st. Mark your calendar – or register here to get notified when it reopens!
Spouses may register throughout the year for scholarships and professional funding offered by our partners. Check out a variety of partner offers - including $7,500 scholarships, fully-covered certifications, discounted subscriptions, and more!
You can apply for a spouse scholarship if you:
- are a military spouse with a valid military ID
- are married to an active duty, reserve, guard, retired, medically retired, wounded or fallen service member (must be a service-related wound, illness, injury or death that took place after September 11, 2001)
- are a dual service military spouse
- are a divorced spouse, but ONLY if you receive 20/20/20 benefits or 20/20/15 benefits
- are married when we ask for verification paperwork, usually a month after the applications close
Here’s who is not eligible:
- Surviving spouses who are remarried, unless they are remarried to a service member
- Children (Check the Defense Commissary Agency Military Children Scholarships)
- Spouses of former service members, unless they are retired or medically-retired
Scholarships and funding are available for a variety of educational and professional pursuits:
About Joanne Holbrook Patton
Our Scholarship Program is named in honor of Joanne Holbrook Patton, a fifth-generation Army daughter and daughter-in-law of General George S. Patton. She was married to the late Major General George S. Patton for 52 years and believes strongly in the importance of education for military spouses.
Your $15 helps us protect military families and develop programs to support them.
Be the first to know. Get the latest updates about available scholarships and education opportunities.
Be the voice for your community. Help strengthen military families.