Partner School Scholarships
Our Association partners with select schools to offer additional scholarships for military spouses.
Each partner school has a unique offer to meet the varying needs of military spouses. Learn More>>
Certifications + Licensing Funds
Military spouses may be looking to complete a licensing or certification program.
We have partners with opportunities for you. Learn More>>
NMFA Scholarships + Career Funds
NMFA awards an average of $500 for career funding and $1,000 for degrees. Up to $2500 is available for clinical supervision towards licensure in the mental health profession. Spouses are also eligible for funding, typically $1,000, to build their own businesses. This includes entrepreneurs, LLCs, direct sales, franchises, contractors, and other for-profit ventures. Non-profit organizations, please check back in our May application round. Any spouse with a valid military ID is eligible. The application period has closed. Come back and apply May 1st through June 30th.
You can apply for a spouse scholarship if you:
- are a military spouse with a valid military ID
- are married to an active duty, reserve, guard, retired, medically retired, wounded or fallen service member (must be a service-related wound, illness, injury or death that took place after September 11, 2001)
- are a dual service military spouse
- are a divorced spouse, but ONLY if you receive 20/20/20 benefits or 20/20/15 benefits
- are married when we ask for verification paperwork, usually a month after the applications close
Here’s who is not eligible:
- Surviving spouses who are remarried, unless they are remarried to a service member
- Children (Check the Defense Commissary Agency Military Children Scholarships at www.fisherhouse.org)
- Spouses of former service members, unless they are retired or medically-retired
About Joanne Holbrook Patton
Our Scholarship Program is named in honor of Joanne Holbrook Patton, a fifth-generation Army daughter and daughter-in-law of General George S. Patton. She was married to the late Major General George S. Patton for 52 years and believes strongly in the importance of education for military spouses.
Your $15 helps us protect military families and develop programs to support them.
Be the first to know. Get the latest updates about available scholarships and education opportunities.
Be the voice for your community. Help strengthen military families.