Our spouse scholarship and professional funds range from $500 - $2500 and are available to military spouses with a valid military ID.
Applications are currently closed. 2015 recipients will be notified via email by March 31st.
Applications are open from December through January each year. The award is a one-time payment that must be used within 12 months. You can apply each year, even if you have been awarded in the past.
You can apply for a spouse scholarship if you:
- are a military spouse with a valid military ID
- are married to an active duty, reserve, guard, retired, medically retired, wounded or fallen service member (must be wounded or fallen in combat or training after September 11, 2001)
- are a dual service military spouse
- are a divorced spouse, but ONLY if you receive 20/20/20 benefits or 20/20/15 benefits. You must be married when we ask for verification paperwork, usually a month after the applications close
Here’s who is not eligible:
- Surviving spouses who are remarried, unless they are remarried to a service member
- Children (Check the Defense Commissary Agency Military Children Scholarships)
- Spouses of separated service members, unless the service member was wounded in combat or training after September 9, 2001
About Joanne Holbrook Patton
Our Scholarship Program is named in honor of Joanne Holbrook Patton, a fifth-generation Army daughter and daughter-in-law of General George S. Patton. She was married to the late Major General George S. Patton for 52 years and believes strongly in the importance of education for military spouses.