Military Spouse Mental Health Profession Pipeline
The National Military Family Association (NMFA) and Give an Hour, with the support of United Health Foundation, have teamed up to ease spouses’ transitions from graduate school through licensure to jobs in behavioral health.
Our goal? Alleviate the national shortage of providers, and enhance the wellness of service members, veterans, and military families.
Military spouses struggle to enter the mental health profession due to frequent moves and other lifestyle challenges. Through NMFA’s scholarship and advocacy efforts, combined with Give an Hour’s Military Spouse Mental Health Profession Network, designed to connect and guide spouses, we plan to tackle them.
The National Military Family Association will help spouses:
- Pay for school through NMFA scholarships
- Pay for licensure and fees through NMFA professional funds
- PCS with a license
- Connect with peers through our Mental Health Professionals Facebook group
Give an Hour’s MilSpouse Mental Health Profession Network will help spouses:
- Connect with mentors
- Identify accredited graduate programs
- Secure clinical supervision for licensure
- Understand licensure requirements and portability
Join our Network!
To interact with spouses, schools, employers, and other organizations in the profession, join our Facebook Group.
Also, register at www.joinmilspousenetwork.org, where spouse mentors and clinical supervisors can connect securely with other spouses seeking mentorship or supervision.
Questions? Contact Us.