Military Families: Volunteer
Did you know 95% of NMFA’s volunteers are connected to the military?
We’re always looking for more military-connected Volunteers to join our Volunteer Corps!
As an NMFA volunteer, you will report to us on issues, concerns and positive happenings in your military community. Your reports are the basis for NMFA’s advocacy efforts. You will also share our information, resources, and one of a kind programs with your network. You will host information tables at local events, judge scholarship applications, and speak on behalf of your military community.
Once you submit your application, it will be reviewed by our Volunteer & Community Outreach Staff. We’ll reach out to you to help you get started and you can begin your NMFA Volunteer experience!
Together we’re stronger.
Not sure if you have time to Volunteer? You can still connect with us by:
5 Facts about Volunteer Nicole Russell:
- My husband, a Marine, and I met in the political science department our senior year at Miami University in Ohio.
- I grew up in Dayton, OH near Wright-Patt Air Force Base so I'm pretty used to living under a flight path of military aircraft wizzing by at all hours of the day and night. Who knew that would prepare me well for life as a military spouse?
- As a result of meeting the staff at the National Military Family Association in a professional capacity when I worked in the D.C. area, I fell in love with their mission and became a volunteer!
- Living in Okinawa has given me an exceptional opportunity to travel. I've already visited Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, and Myanmar, with plans to visit many more before our next PCS!
- I've been skydiving twice!