Military Families: Volunteer
Did you know 95% of NMFA’s volunteers are connected to the military?
We’re always looking for more military-connected Volunteers to join our Volunteer Corps!
As an NMFA volunteer, you will report to us on issues, concerns and positive happenings in your military community. Your reports are the basis for NMFA’s advocacy efforts. You will also share our information, resources, and one of a kind programs with your network. You will host information tables at local events, judge scholarship applications, and speak on behalf of your military community.
Once you submit your application, it will be reviewed by our Volunteer & Community Outreach Staff. We’ll reach out to you to help you get started and you can begin your NMFA Volunteer experience!
Together we’re stronger.
Not sure if you have time to Volunteer? You can still connect with us by:
5 Facts about Volunteer Karla Mettling:
- Born and raised in Minnesota, The Land of 10,000 Lakes.
- Army Wife for 22 years and we have made our home in Alabama (3 tours), Germany, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia (3 Tours) and Virginia (2 Tours)!
- I enjoy walking or running in the great outdoors and attending an array of sporting events with my husband Dan and our two sons, Justin and Joshua.
- I love to travel, see new places and meet new people...the Army has not disappointed in this area!
- Spending time with family in Minnesota is a gift, as are our visits with friends scattered throughout the U.S., who have become family to us on our Army Journey.