Is your corporation looking for a meaningful way to support our military communities throughout the country? Do you want your employees to experience the rewarding benefits of community volunteerism? We have a few ideas of how you can engage your employees in volunteerism outside of the office. Why? Because research shows employee volunteerism can:
- Boost employee morale and team building
- Produce an understanding and respect for military families’ service and sacrifice
- Illustrate organizational values in action*
- Leverage contribution dollars and enhance the impact of financial contributions*
Is your Corporation looking to support military families through both financial and volunteer support?
- Sponsor a family day event at a camp or retreat
- Sponsor a round table event to provide needed information and resources to military spouses pursuing educational and/or employment goals
- Host a community event and donate proceeds to NMFA
- Sponsor a table at a military-related event and donate proceeds to NMFA
- Host a Casual Dress day at work where employees donate money to wear jeans for a day
- Commit to hire a military spouse
To get started on your fundraiser, contact Lyndy Rohe at LRohe@militaryfamily.org.