The National Military Family Association thanks all spouse clubs and installation thrift shops that supported our organization this past year. We realize that you receive many local requests for your hard-earned funds, and we rely on your generous and loyal support to serve families of all seven Uniformed Services at the national level. With your organizations’ support of families at the local level, and ours at the national level, we’ve got their needs covered around the world.
About the National Military Family Association
In addition to serving at the installation and national level, the National Military Family Association is a direct resource for you and your families. For example, in the past year we have secured the following for all military families:
Increased child care centers and hours to help military members working extended shifts.
- Changes in the Family Medical Leave Act permitting service members’ spouses and parents to have more time off from work to help the wounded without fear of losing their jobs.
- Additional funding for families seeking psychological care to better cope with wartime stress.
- State action allowing students easier transfers between states by removing redundant or missed entrance/exit exams, streamlining graduation requirements, and aiding transfer of records.
- Full replacement value on families’ belongings damaged during a move.
- Training for schools located off-installation about the needs of military children.
We encourage your club and its members to share your experiences and needs with us. We’ll try to help in any way possible. We’re excited to email our Spouse Club eNews each week. If you’d like to be on the list, please email us at Info@MilitaryFamily.org.
We’re advocates, not lobbyists
A common misconception about our Association is that we’re lobbyists. That is incorrect. The National Military Family Association is a 501(c)(3) charity, similar to organizations like the Fisher House Foundation or the Aid Societies. We’re a non-partisan, nonprofit organization that works with and is supported by a variety of organizations, individuals, and spouse clubs like yours. Click the year to find out if your club supported our Association in 2008 or 2009.
Your club can donate with confidence, because we:
- Have received a 4-star rating (top!) from Charity Navigator 6 consecutive years, a distinction of only 2% of all U.S. charities, for efficient management of donations.
- Meet all 20 of the Better Business Bureau’s standards for Charity Accountability.
Click here to view the BBB report.
- Hold an “A+” rating from the American Institute of Philanthropy, a national charity evaluator.
Until military families are relieved of the weight of war, we hope you will continue to contribute to their wellbeing.
Sign up to receive periodic eNews and alerts.
Want up-to-date information and a community of people that care about military families?