The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account Program (MyCAA) offers qualified military spouses opportunities to pursue portable careers in high-demand, high-growth occupations.
MyCAA is open to spouses of service members in the pay grades of E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2. All participating spouses must meet the following criteria:
- Be the spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member
- If National Guard and/or AGR, sponsor must be on Federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS
- Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible
- MyCAA accounts provide a $4,000 maximum benefit with a $2,000 fiscal year cap. Waivers will be available for spouses pursuing licensure or certification up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000
- Spouses must finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course
- Funding is limited to an Associate's degrees, certifications, and licensure programs.
To apply for MyCAA, visit Military OneSource and select “MyCAA.”
Until military families are relieved of the weight of war, we hope you will continue to contribute to their wellbeing.
Sign up to receive periodic eNews and alerts.
Want up-to-date information and a community of people that care about military families?