Financial Assistance

money in a water jug

Perhaps the number one concern of a prospective college student is: “How am I going to pay for my education?” Between scholarships, grants, and loans, it might be easier than you think. Many sources of financial assistance are available to help you complete your education. Various military associations, including the National Military Family Association and some military spouse clubs, offer scholarships for military spouses. Visit your installation’s Family Center, Education Center, and the financial aid office at the school you wish to attend for more information on financial assistance.

Don’t just look at military sources of assistance; many military spouses qualify for Pell Grants, Federal Loans, work-study, or other need-based financial aid. All colleges (including community colleges) require that you have a Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) on file before any federal aid can be given to you. Federal aid is money provided by the federal government. By filling out the FAFSA you are automatically considered for a financial aid packet, which could include grants, student loans or work-study programs. To qualify for federal student aid you must be a permanent resident or U.S. citizen. The Department of Education created to make it easier for students and families to navigate the financial aid process and make informed decisions about paying for college.

  Print Print


Until military families are relieved of the weight of war, we hope you will continue to contribute to their wellbeing.

Sign Up

Sign up to receive periodic eNews and alerts.

Please leave this field empty


Want up-to-date information and a community of people that care about military families?

Facebook Icon 2013

Twitter Icon 2013

Flickr Icon 2013