Your ID Card

Your ID card is the most important tool you'll need while your spouse serves in the military. It serves as a key to unlock the numerous benefits that are available to you and your family.

Your sponsor (service member) should enroll you in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). Once the information is verified using the proper documentation (marriage certificates, birth certificates, etc) the DD Form 1173 will be generated. You should go with your sponsor to the nearest installation to process the DD Form 1173 and get your ID card. Find a nearby ID card office.

Most dependent ID cards are good for four years. Be sure to check the expiration date on your ID card periodically - especially before your service member deploys! Read the ID card regulations for Uniformed Service Members and families. 

  Print Print


Until military families are relieved of the weight of war, we hope you will continue to contribute to their wellbeing.

Sign Up

Sign up to receive periodic eNews and alerts.

Please leave this field empty


Want up-to-date information and a community of people that care about military families?

Facebook Icon 2013

Twitter Icon 2013

Flickr Icon 2013