Relocating with TRICARE’s “Moving Made Easy”
Active duty service members and their families using TRICARE Prime can transfer their enrollment with “Moving Made Easy”, an automated telephone based system.
TRICARE is available worldwide and is managed in four separate regions: North, South, West, and Overseas. The process for updating your TRICARE enrollment differs depending on whether you are moving within a TRICARE region or switching TRICARE regions during your relocation.
Beneficiaries moving within a TRICARE Region can call their regional contractor to switch to a new primary care manager (PCM.)
Beneficiaries who are switching regions can call their regional contractor to start the transfer process before they move. Once you know you are moving:
- Call your current (losing) TRICARE regional contractor and give them information about your upcoming move.
- Your losing contractor will contact your gaining contractor (the TRICARE contractor in your new region) to begin the enrollment transfer.
- Your new TRICARE regional contractor will contact you within five days of your arrival date to complete the process.
- Your new regional contractor will also work with you to assign a Prime Care Manager (PCM) at your new location.
In most cases, you won’t need to submit a new enrollment form. “Moving Made Easy” is completely automated and only available to active duty families.
During the move process, families should also remember two important points:
- Do NOT disenroll from your current region before moving. This will ensure that you are covered while en route to your new location.
- After arriving at your new duty station, you must update your Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) record with your new address, phone number, and other necessary information.
Until military families are relieved of the weight of war, we hope you will continue to contribute to their wellbeing.
Sign up to receive periodic eNews and alerts.
Want up-to-date information and a community of people that care about military families?