We’re Counting on You and Your Promises, Mr. President
"So long as I'm Commander-in-Chief, we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known. When you take off the uniform, we will serve you as well as you've served us - because no one who fights for this country should have to fight for a job, or a roof over their head, or the care that they need when they come home." - President Barack Obama
Call it a promise, call it a pledge, or simply giving your word. The well-being of our military service members and their families is in desperate jeopardy and we ask, Mr. President, that you stick by your word and protect them.
Having already been slapped with effects of sequestration, we understand that these budget cuts are going to happen no matter what. However, there is still time to prevent further damage from being done. There isn’t a moment that can be wasted. Our families were given a promise of protection that can’t happen without a budget resolution.
Our military protects this great Nation and keeps millions safe around the world. Given that the military is often referenced as the 1% who protects the other 99%, it is of no shock that if we cannot protect that 1% the rest of our Nation is in for a grand awakening—the demise and inevitable weakening of our country and position in the world. The military is the core of what makes the United States what it is today. And it’s the stability and support of military families that keep our service members in the fight every day to ensure those of us at home can sleep well at night.
The National Military Family Association is determined to make the voice of military families heard and ensure their interests are protected as promised. We are gathering resources that military families can use to help provide relief and comfort during this difficult time we face as a Nation.
We ask you, on behalf of all our military service members and their families: Do what needs to be done to ensure a resolution is made. These are the promises not forgotten. We cannot allow for a hollow military, which will inevitably lead to a hollowed Nation.
Let it be known that at the National Military Family Association we support our country and its government, but we will NOT back down when it comes to fighting for the needs of military families. It is time to hold our leaders accountable for the broken promises made to support and care for our troops and their families.
Until military families are relieved of the weight of war, we hope you will continue to contribute to their wellbeing.
Sign up to receive periodic eNews and alerts.
Want up-to-date information and a community of people that care about military families?